This policy does not apply to the practices of third parties that Calwineries does not own or control, or to individuals that Calwineries does not employ or manage.
Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with a friendly, customized, and efficient experience. We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with the purpose for which it has been collected or subsequently authorized by you. We collect the following types of information from our users:
- Calwineries collects personal information when you register. When you register we ask for information such as your user name, name and email address. Optional profile information includes personal introduction, gender, occupation, website, location, AIM and MSN messenger user name. Once you register with Calwineries and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us;
- Calwineries receives and stores certain types of information whenever you interact with us. Calwineries automatically receives and records certain “traffic data” on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, Calwineries cookie information, and the page you requested. Calwineries uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website;
- Social sharing of data: Calwineries allows other users to browse comments you have made and wineries, varietals, wine tours you have marked as favorites. This information is made available via your member profile, and through wineries, wines, and wine tours pages;
- Profile information: Calwineries allows other users to browse your user page; which includes your latest activity, comments, favorites, and wine cellar. You have the option to make your profile private. If you do not make your profile private, it will be public, allowing other users to view the information contained on that page;
- Friends Data: Much like other social services, Calwineries allows non-friends to browse through your friends activities;
Use of Collected Information
Information about our users is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone. We share your personal information only as described below.
- In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if Calwineries, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- We may release personal information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with that law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Calwineries, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your personal information may be shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to prevent the sharing of this information by opting out.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computers hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. Calwineries cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or email address is.
Collected Information Security
Your Calwineries account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to work to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You can access your personal information on our website and correct, amend, or delete information that is inaccurate. Upon logging in, visit your user profile setting page.
You must be 13 years and older to register to use the Calwineries website. As a result, Calwineries does not specifically collect information about children.
Conditions of Use