William Campbell Watson
Watson was connected by family or friendship to many of the notable figures of time. In 1864, he married the granddaughter of George Yount. When the Bank of Napa was established in 1971, Watson first worked as the cashier and later was the director.
He is also known for establishing and naming Inglenook. The property’s is Scottish for “cozy corner.” In 1879, Watson sold Inglenook to Gustave Niebaum. Niebaum also purchased adjacent land from Judge Hastings and Mrs. D.S. Ruhlwing.