Regusci Winery is located off of Silverado Trail against the eastern hills of the Stags Leap AVA. The Regusci Family has been living on this land for several decades. They lease vineyards to Clos du Val to the southwest.
The production facilities are located in one of Napa Valley’s “ghost wineries.” In the late 19th century, Napa had a thriving wine industry that was cut short by the worldwide phylloxera outbreak. Most of the old wineries fell into disrepair and were eventually demolished.
But a few survive, including the old T.L. Grigsby-Occidental Winery which is now owned by Regusci. Terrill L. Grigsby originally moved to California in 1850 and built his gravity-fed winery out of stone in 1878. At his peak, Grigsby made 115,000 cases of wine in Stags Leap each year.
In 1932, Gaetano Regusci bought the winery and its surrounding property. Along with grapes, he grew a variety of other agriculture products to supplement his income. Gaetano’s son Angelo and grandson Jim currently run the winery. Regusci produces outstanding Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.