DIY Wine Tasting Party
Right now is the peak season in Napa, so if you don’t have to opportunity to take a wine tour, throw a wine tasting party in your home. As September creeps into fall, the pace of harvest or the “crush” as they call it will pick up pace. You don’t need to be a sommelier to do this, you will just appear to be one. Here are some of the guidelines to follow when throwing a wine tasting party.
- Keep your party to about 12 people or less.
- Wrap the bottles in bags, so your guests don’t know what they are tasting.
- Focus on a relatively specific style of wine, ie same region, different price range.
- Refrain from pouring full glasses, until all tasting is done.
- Provide some neutral flavored foods for your guest, that don’t disrupt the tasting.
- Paper and pencils are necessary for your guests to write notes and preferences.
- Chat about the results in the end and what attributes of the wine were enjoyed.
- Have a great time and drink!
For more information on throwing a wine tasting party check out this article.
Let us know how your party goes.