World’s largest bottle of Wine vs. World’s largest Keg
The world’s largest bottle of wine arrived in New York two thursdays ago. At 6-foot-5 and 1,300 pounds, this behemoth bottle of wine is not for the faint of heart. Australian Kim Bullock is expecting a hefty price tag; she already turned down a $100,000 offer.
But that’s nothing compared to the world’s largest keg. At 27 feet long and 25 feet tall, this mammoth keg puts the 6-foot-5 bottle of wine to shame. As you could image, the keg holds a good amount of beer, 55,345 gallons to be exact. This keg is the pride of Germany, and makes its home in the Heidelberg Castle.
Let compare vital statistics:
- # of 4 oz glasses of wine in a bottle: 7
- # of 16 oz beers in a keg: 124
- # of bottles of wine in largest bottle: 387
- # of 15.5 gallon kegs in the largest keg: 3570
- # of 4 oz glasses in the largest bottle of wine: 2709
- # of 16 oz beers in the largest keg: 442,680
- % alcohol in wine: 14
- % alcohol in beer: 6 (German beer might be pushing 8)
- # oz alcohol in 4 oz glass of wine: 0.56
- # oz alcohol in 16 oz beer: 1.12
- # oz alcohol in bottle of wine: 3.92
- # oz alcohol in 15.5 gallon keg: 138
- # oz alcohol in largest bottle of wine: 1517
- # oz alcohol in largest keg: 492,660
- # of friends it would take to drink the largest bottle of wine in the world: ?
- # of friends it would take to kill the largest keg in the world: ?